This delicious Chocolate Ganache only needs two ingredients, chocolate and double cream. It is quick and easy to make, and best of all you can pipe gorgeous silky swirls of chocolate heaven at the end. If you are a chocolate lover or chocoholic you can use this smooth and silky chocolate ganache with my Dutch Chocolate Cupcakes recipe.
Watch my full how to video along with this recipe.
Chocolate Ganache on a Chocolate Cupcake.
Author: Katherine Walton
-250 grams of Lindt Dessert Dark Cooking Chocolate 51% Cocoa
-125 ml (1/2 metric cup) of double thick cream minimum 48% fat
- Place cooking chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- Add double cream to small pan and cook over medium heat. Stir with a metal spoon. Careful not to let the cream burn or stick to the pan.
- Let it boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Immediately pour heated cream over chocolate and stir until combined.
- Fill a small sized pan with about 2 centimeters of water. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat.
- Place bowl with chocolate and cream mixture onto pan with simmering water.
- Let chocolate ganache melt whist stirring.
- Once mixture is melted, set aside and let it cool for 1 hour. Check and stir chocolate ganache during that time so that mixture does not set hard.
- Once cooled, beat the ganache with an handheld mixer until smooth. Scrape the bowl as needed so that all mixture is well mixed.
- Pipe immediately. If mixture starts to set hard before using you can put it in the microwave for 20 second intervals and stir or whip again until desired consistency is achieved.
In this recipe I used Lindt Dessert Dark Cooking Chocolate 51% Cocoa. You may use any other cooking chocolate of similar Cocoa quantity. If using a darker cooking chocolate. Mixture may “curdle” or not come together.
I used Pura Double Cream in this recipe. This contains no less than 48% butter fat. It is known as heavy or whipping cream in some countries.
You may store at cool room temperature for 1-2 days and in the fridge for 3-4 days. Bring to room temperature before re using. You can re whip it again. You can also re heat it in the microwave at 20 second intervals to soften. If you re heat. You cannot refrigerate again. Ganache must be used.
This ganache recipe has 2 parts to a 1 part ratio of chocolate to cream. It is not for drips as mixture will be too thick in consistency.
Please note that I provide all ingredients in grams where applicable. I also provide the measurements in METRIC cup measurements. Be aware that cup measurements vary in different countries. Therefore, I highly recommended the use of food scales to measure ingredients to achieve exactly what the recipe intends.
Don’t forget to leave me a comment if you have any questions. Enjoy!